,June 1, 2021
Persian Chicken | @CreateCookShare for The Bare Bird
The Bare Bird chicken products are 100 per cent antibiotic-free, accredited free-range and raised on a plant-based diet containing no animal by-products, antibiotics, hormones or steroids. The Bare Bird creator, John Hazeldene, says his family has always been at the forefront of setting high standards in poultry. “We believe a move to producing food without antibiotics is the right thing to do.”
Persian Chicken with Pomegranate and Walnuts
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 600g The Bare Bird Chicken Thigh Fillets, cut into thirds
- 1 large brown onion, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, sliced
- 1 large yellow capsicum, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled & finely chopped
- 100g walnuts, ground in food processor
- 1.5 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Zest 1 lime
- Salt & pepper, to season
- 300mL chicken stock
- 1½ tbsp pomegranate molasses
- To garnish
- 1 small red onion
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ½ a pomegranate, seeds removed
- To serve (optional)
- Boiled rice
- Toasted pita or flatbread
- In a wide base pot add extra-virgin olive oil and chicken. Cook until lightly browned, then add onions and sauté for 2 mins.
- Add capsicum, garlic and walnuts and cook over medium heat for 2 mins.
- Add turmeric, cinnamon, lime zest, sea salt, pepper, chicken stock and pomegranate molasses and cook for 6-7 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat and garnish with red onion, parsley and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve hot alongside rice, cauliflower rice or with toasted pita or flatbread.
Whole Roasted Chicken with Sumac Seasoning
Recipe / What’s for Dinner Frances for The Bare Bird
- 1.6kg The Bare Bird Whole Chicken
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces & softened
- 2 tsp salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 3 tsp sumac, divided, plus more for serving
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1 head garlic, halved
- 1 bunch Dutch carrots, peeled
- 3 beetroot peeled & quartered
- ½ butternut pumpkin, diced
- 1 sweet potato peeled & diced
- 250g Brussels sprouts, left whole
- 1 red onion, quartered
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- Sea salt, for serving
- Place the chicken in a large roasting pan. Using your fingers, gently separate the skin from the flesh across the breasts and drumsticks.
- Rub the butter between the skin and the flesh.
- Rub the salt and 2 tsp of sumac all over the chicken. If time permits, refrigerate the chicken, uncovered, for at least 6 hours and up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Squeeze half of 1 lemon over the chicken and place it inside the cavity along with a half head of garlic.
- Scatter the vegetables and remaining lemons and garlic around the chicken. Drizzle the vegetables and chicken with the ¼ cup oil.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with the remaining 1 tsp sumac and season with salt and pepper, tossing until the vegetables are evenly coated.
- Roast, tossing the vegetables occasionally, until the chicken and vegetables are deep golden and cooked through and the chicken registers 165°F in the thickest part of the thigh, about 1 hour and 15 mins. Allow the chicken to rest for 10 mins before carving.
- Place yoghurt into a bowl, drizzle with a touch of oil and sprinkle it with the sumac and flaky sea salt. Serve alongside the chicken.
Spice-Encrusted Chicken & Veggies with Avocado Dressing
Recipe / SoleFire Wellness for The Bare Bird
- 500g The Bare Bird Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 1 tbsp ground paprika
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp smoked or regular sea salt
- ¼ tsp chilli or cayenne powder
- 1 red onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 bunch Dutch carrots, tops trimmed
- 10 Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 large parsnip, peeled & cut into strips
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Avocado Dressing
- 1 large avocado
- 3 tbsp light extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ large lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Lightly salt chicken and set aside to rest while preparing other ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 220°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika, cumin, sea salt and chilli/cayenne.
- Chop veggies and place on baking tray along with chicken, drizzle with 3 tbsp olive oil, gently toss to coat, ensuring chicken and veggies are evenly covered.
- Rub and gently pat the spice mixture onto the top of each chicken thigh, creating a thin spice “crust”. If necessary, add a bit more olive oil to help spices adhere. Sprinkle remaining spice mixture onto veggies and gently toss once more to coat.
- Roast in oven for 30-35 mins, rotating veggies halfway through. Cook until meat is golden brown and veggies are caramelised and crispy.
- While tray is baking, prepare dressing by placing remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Add more water if a thinner consistency is desired.
- Serve chicken and veggies warm, topped with pan juices, fresh parsley and avocado dressing.
- Pair with cauliflower rice or quinoa if desired.
For more information visit thebarebird.com.au
Cheese lovers, look no further! These recipes, made with That’s Amore Cheese’s decadent burrata, are the ultimate dinner & dessert…
This veggie-packed vegan minestrone soup offers a great way to eat an abundance of superfoods in one hearty and wholesome…