,June 1, 2021
Image: Adam Guthrie
Pumpkin and turmeric make magic in this wonderfully nourishing superfood soup.
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 small red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 cup uncooked red lentils
- 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- ¼ pumpkin, chopped into 3cm chunks
- 8 cups water
- 2 tbsp vegan stock powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- Heat a non-stick saucepan and dry sauté the onions (no oil).
- Add the turmeric and cumin, mixed with a dash of water to make a slurry, and cook for 30 secs, then add ¼ cup of water to deglaze the pan.
- Add the chilli, uncooked red lentils, capsicum, pumpkin, water and stock powder. Mix well and bring to the boil, then simmer, covered for 15–20 mins.
- Once the pumpkin has softened, blend to a smooth soup texture with a handheld stick blender or in a high-speed blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve in bowls and top with a few coriander leaves.
Adam is a vegan whose passion for food began with a life-threatening illness and continues today in a lifestyle built around healthy cooking and eating. Adam is a qualified chef and wellness coach who specialises in a wholefood, plant-based diet. Adam shares how to prepare delicious, healthy food for health, energy and vitality. He conducts online healthy eating and wellness programs and gives keynote talks, live cooking demonstrations and cooking classes on the subject of healthy eating and living well.
This veggie-packed vegan minestrone soup offers a great way to eat an abundance of superfoods in one hearty and wholesome…
Stuck for meat-free options for lunch or dinner? Ceres Organics has got you covered with these deliciously wholesome pant-based dinner…