From September 18 to October 1, 2022
If you want to get in on a shiny Eternatus Pokemon Sword and Shield event, you’ll have to go to an actual store in the near future.
Following a tease that it would be happening in some regions, information on the distribution event is fully live now on the official Pokemon site.
All the details on the Pokemon shiny Eternatus distribution:
- It’s located at GameStop (in the US and Canada) or EB Games (in Australia and New Zealand)
- As per usual you don’t need to buy anything, and the code will be distributed by way of a card
- The event runs from September 18 through October 1
- The Eternatus you’ll get from the event is level 100, with timid nature and the pressure ability (move-wise it sports dynamax cannon, eternabeam, sludge bomb, and flamethrower)
Nintendo also provides re-iterated instructions on mystery gift redemption:
To claim your in-game gift, follow these steps:
- Launch your Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield
- Select Mystery Gift on the X menu.
- Select Get a Mystery Gift.
- Select Get with Code/Password to save your game and connect to the internet.
- Enter your code or password.
- Watch as the gift arrives in your game. (Pokémon will appear in your party or your Pokémon Boxes. Items will appear in your Bag.)
- Be sure to save your game.
Overall it’s a pretty simple process: other than going to the store! At least this event is for a shiny legendary, and not a quirky character from the anime.
[Update: EB Games Australia has clarified that the offer will be available in the region, albeit in “early October.”]
Reviews Director, Co-EIC – Chris has been enjoying Destructoid avidly since 2008. He finally decided to take the next step, make an account, and start blogging in January of 2009. Now, he’s staff!