Some people really know how to fix things that others would probably just throw away. And their creations amaze everyone who sees them online or in real life.
At Bright Side, we can’t help but be impressed by craftsmen who know how to turn any old thing into something new. And in the bonus section, you’ll find a life hack for how to upcycle the plastic clips that often come with underwear.
1. “I thrifted these jeans. They were super cheap because of that rip. I fixed the rip with a zipper.”
2. “I made a double circle skirt and matching bow from a large tablecloth.”
3. “I got inspired and decided to fix my old boots instead of getting new ones.”
4. “This working headphones cable was breaking, so I braided it to make it last a bit longer.”
5. “I got this shirt at a flea market, then took out the shoulder pads and waistband, and it’s way more modern now!”
6. “I turned a curtain into a skirt.”
7. “I needed a waterproof apron for the farm and realized these waterproof feed bags are the perfect material to upcycle.”
8. “I upcycled these sweatpants with my brother’s T-shirt to make them longer.”
9. “I upcycled some old prints from out of the closet and was so excited with the results, I had my wife take a whole photo set!”
10. “I gave new life to my old tablet. Now it’s a fully functional portable TV.”
11. “I made this lamp from a large can of olives.”
12. “I made hair ties out of my daughter’s ripped tights.”
13. “This is a helpful life hack to reuse aluminum foil. You can wrap a rolling pin with it so that you don’t have to wash it after use.”
14. “I gave new life to this jacket.”
15. “This was trash on the road before I turned it into closet shelving.”
16. “I created this jacket using discarded burlap coffee bags.”
Bonus: “This bunch of underwear came with plastic clips on each pair. I use them as stitch markers now.”
Did you ever upcycle old things? Were you proud of the results? Tell us in the comments below.