October is here, which means Pokémon GO trainers can look forward to all new events, Pokémon and more. With Fashion Week coming to a close, the spawns and raids are dramatically shifting. Furfrou, Costumed Kirlia, Costumed Diglett and others are no longer available, but others have come in their place.
The raid schedule has largely been announced for this month, including the Legendaries and some of the Megas. Here’s which Pokémon to expect when and how to defeat them.
Pokémon GO Raid Schedule
Through October 8 – Yveltal
Yveltal returned for Fashion Week, but will be lasting a little bit longer than the actual event. Until October 8, it will still be the Legendary Raid. For a guide on how to defeat it easily, check this article out.
October 8-20 – Xerneas
After a long time, Xerneas is finally returning to raids. Those who missed out on the last time it was available, which was quite a long time ago, have the chance to catch it.
Xerneas is a Fairy-type Pokémon, leaving it susceptible to Steel and Poison types. To make light work of this particular Pokémon, try using Steelix, Arbok, Muk, Garbodor, Toxapex, Gengar, Perrserker, Skarmory, Jirachi and Celesteela.
Xerneas can be shiny!
October 27-November 8 – Giratina (Origin Forme)
The second form of Giratina will be available after its Altered Forme is in Legendary Raids. It is the same Ghost Dragon dual type, so Pokémon trainers can use the same types of Pokémon for it effectively. It can also be shiny!
October 20-27 – Giratina (Altered Forme)
Altered Forme Giratina will be returning to Legendary Raids following Xerneas. It is a Ghost Dragon dual type. That makes it weak to Dark, Ice, Fairy, Dragon and Ghost types. To have the greatest effect on Giratina, try using Pokémon like Banette, Charizard (with Dragon Claw), Mismagius, Spiritomb, Sableye, Froslass, Glaceon, Mamoswine and Umbreon.
Altered Forme Giratina can be shiny!
Mega Raid Schedule
Through October 8- Mega Lopunny
Much like Yveltal, Lopunny is the last holdover from Fashion Week. Check this article out for a guide on how to take it down.
October 8- 20- Mega Manectric
Following Mega Lopunny’s departure, Mega Manectric will enter the scene. Mega Manectric is an Electric type Pokémon, just like regular Manectric. That means it will be weak to Ground types. To make it faint easily, try using Hippowdon, Dugtrio, Groudon, Rhyperior, Golurk, Donphan and Tyranitar.
The Manectric caught in the raid can be shiny!
October 20-27- Mega Banette
Mega Banette is making its Pokémon debut this month. It’s a Ghost type, so it is weak to Ghost and Dark moves. This means you should try Pokemon like Umbreon, Mightyena, Absol, Darkrai, Liepard, Sableye, Spiritomb and Dusclops. This will make light work of the Mega. It can be shiny when caught!
October 27- November 8- Unknown
The fourth Mega Raid is currently unknown. One more is probably coming after the end of Mega Banette. This article will be updated when that information is revealed.
Three-star Raid Pokémon
The one- and three-star raids are often changing, but this is what’s currently available following Fashion Week.
- Galarian Weezing is a Poison Fairy dual type. That makes it weak to Steel, Psychic and Ground type moves. Try using Pokémon like Mewtwo, Groudon, Registeel, Steelix, Claydol, Marowak, Alakazam, Mew, Deoxys, Metagross, Jirachi and Meloetta. Since it’s an alternate form that doesn’t technically have a base evolution, Galarian Weezing can be shiny!
- Tyranitar is a Dark Rock dual type Pokémon. That makes it weak to Fighting, Steel, Bug, Ground, Fairy, Grass and Water types. Try using Hitmonchan, Lucario, Scizor, Heracross, Breloom, Cobalion, Virizion, Chesnaught, Buzzwole or Pheromosa to effectively take it down. SInce Tyranitar is a final evolution without a Mega currently in the game, it cannot be shiny.
- Mawile is a Steel Fairy dual type, which leaves it vulnerable to Ground and Fire attacks. Try using Incineroar, Ninetales, Simisear, Camerupt, Hippowdon, Groudon, Pyroar, Charizard and Arcanine to make quick work of Mawile. It can be shiny!
- Absol, not the costumed version, will also be making the rounds. It is a Dark type, which means Fighting, Fairy and Bug types are effective. Use Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Aromatisse, Zacian, Tapu Koko, Dedenne, Azumarill and Sylveon. It can be shiny!
- Alolan Meowth is a Dark type, which makes it weak to Fighting, Bug and Fairy types. Try using Sylveon, Slurpuff, Aromatisse, Zacian, Buzzwole and Hitmonlee to take it down with ease. It can be shiny!
- Murkrow is a Dark Flying dual type Pokémon, so it can be easily defeated with Fairy, Rock, Ice and Electric type moves. Try out Alolan Ninetales, Dedenne, Tapu Koko, Regice, Electivire and Electrode. It can also be shiny!
- Poochyena is another Dark type Pokémon, so it is also weak to Fighting, Bug and Fairy types. Use some of the ones mentioned above to easily defeat it.
- Carvanha is a Water Dark type Pokémon. It is weak to Fighting, Bug, Electric, Grass and Fairy types. Use Tapu Bulu, Buzzwole, Butterfree, Jolteon, Beedrill, Primeape and Granbull to defeat it. The Carvanha caught in this raid can be shiny!
- Scraggy is a Dark Fighting type, so it will be effectively defeated by Fighting, Flying and Fairy types. Try using Clefairy, Galarian Zapdos, Togetic, Tropius, Togekiss, Swanna, Dartrix and Thundurus.