*packs frantically for a trip that’s not happening for another three weeks*
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. BPA-free covers if you’ve gotten into the habit of flinging your toothbrush into your foundation-covered makeup bag and calling it a day. When you think about it: ew. This tiny gadget keeps grime off the bristles that are intended to disinfect your mouth.
A stylish strapless romper destined to have these words coming from your lips: “I can’t believe I didn’t get these sooner.” Give a warm round of applause to your new vacay wardrobe staple.
3. A travel planner so you can jot down itineraries and map out your weekend. This book is particularly awesome because it has designated pages for things to do, places to go, places to eat, budget, and transportation. *starts to plan for eventual Cape Town, South Africa adventure*
You can even jot down some Dear Diary notes in lined pages meant for all your travel thoughts.
Promising review: “My wife loves this planner! It’s lovely, comprehensive, and (most importantly) compact. With the complicated game of packing tetris involved in international travel, this is a huge plus. It’s also made planning our trip much more fun and enjoyable.” —Kris Steele
Get it from Amazon for $13.95.
4. A scoop neck swimsuit sure to get a standing ovation whilst you take a sandy beach stroll. From the cheeky bottom to the high-leg silhouette and adjustable tie straps, I think we can all agree that the polka dot number shown below is *the* only thing I want to wear to pool parties henceforth.
5. A Stanley pour-over coffee maker that ensures a delicious cup of java, even if you’re *shudders* camping in the middle of nowhere. This durable hunk of stainless steel can take a lot of wear and tea, plus the stainless steel filter enhances flavor and won’t need to be constantly replaced — unlike the wasteful paper versions you’ve used in the past.
And while this is a great camping accessory, keep in mind that you can still use it every. single. morning in your own kitchen. The attached mug is insulated as HECK which means hot (or cold) coffee will remain at its optimal temperature for hours.
Promising review: “As always, Stanley makes an excellent product. I had a fresh cup of coffee straight out of the box. Easy to use and easy to clean.” —Seamus Mack
Get it from Amazon for $33.60.
6. A Makeup Eraser that is straight eco-friendly magic. Simply add water to this specially knitted cloth before wiping your face like you would with a makeup removing towelette: Lipstick, eyeliner, foundation, and even waterproof mascara will be banished in a jiffy, making it the perfect TSA-friendly cleanser to stuff in your backpack.
Promising review: “This is my favorite makeup cleansing cloth ever! I had a smaller version and loved it so much that I searched for another one and came across this larger size one. I do have sensitive skin and this is so soft. This is the best thing for travel and I take it on every trip. It removes makeup so easily, even mascara!” —Kathy
Get it from Amazon for $18.10.
7. A midi skirt voted most likely to be worn by royalty. A delicious gold satin fabric coupled with a mid-thigh slit? I’m salivating. This is basically champagne and caviar converted into clothing form and *the* perfect thing to wear on your fancy dinner date in [insert vacation destination here].
Promising review: “This skirt is so cute! It is really good quality with a good thickness that doesn’t feel too revealing. I got this in black and camel and the color is accurate for both. The length is also perfect for me as it hits slightly above mid calf, whereas most midi length skirts and dresses hit me right above the ankle. Definitely get this!” —Victoria Protacio
Get it from Amazon for $30.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and in three colors).
8. A limited edition Sol de Janeiro oil sunscreen packed with SPF30. TL;DR: it’s got cupuaçu butter, acai oil, coconut oil, and shimmery mica that melts into your skin for a ton of moisture *and* a touch of illumination — just consider it a beach trip in a bottle, especially when you consider the salted caramel, pistachio, jasmine petals, and vanilla scent.
9. A water-resistant weekender duffle roomy enough to fit the essentials (no fewer than 63 outfit options and seven pair of shoes). The back strap fits conveniently over suitcase handles, plus it comes with a five-year warranty — not that you’ll need it considering how darn durable it is.
10. A bug bite suction tool for anyone who feels like an all-you-can-eat buffet for mosquitoes (“why me?” — me every summer). This promptly eases itching and swelling by removing insect saliva, venom, and other irritants, so rest assured you won’t spend your camping weekend scratching at your legs.
Promising review: “I am a magnet for bites of all kinds and carry topical and medicines with me at all times — so I figured this would be a good product to see if it really works. I woke up with a bug bite on my arm so I used this little tool (three times per the instructions) — immediately after using, it stopped itching! And less than 24 hours later the bump/bite gone! There is a very faint red mark from using the thing, but a small price to pay IMO. Bottom line: it’s awesome. I’m carrying it with me everywhere!” —Rebecca
Get a set of two from Amazon for $18.95.
11. A one-shoulder crop top, because this is equally as comfortable as your favorite basic cami but *le gasp* about 10x more trendy. Throw this on with denim shorts for a casual chic vacay look perfect for flaunting on the ‘gram.
Promising review: “I ordered this to wear on warmer days and it’s perfect paired with high-waisted jeans, jeggings, or leggings and it makes the cutest outfit! You can even wear this around your home to lounge in. I’m a size 40D bra size and I feel secured wearing this top.” —Jenna
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and in 18 colors).
12. A wicker picnic cooler set that, when closed, is actually durable enough to function as a seat. Throw in the fact that it’s collapsible when not in use *and* can keep food hot or cold for up to four hours? Congratulations. You’re one step closer to the perfect TikTok picnic spread — throw this in your trunk for your next road trip, thank me later.
13. A copy of Mad Libs on the Road reviewers swear is an affordable and super entertaining way to curb all “are we there yet?” whining. It functions the way any Mad Lib activity does: Choose random verbs and nouns to fill in the blanks — a hilarious story and keepsake in one.
Promising review: “Some of our best laughs on a twenty-one day road trip came from this book. We would fill in a Mad Lib when everyone was getting a bit bored with the day’s driving, and it would make everyone laugh — adults and teenagers. Definitely a good choice for your road trip entertainment!” —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $4.49.
14. A pair of anti-chafing bands that’ll prevent the painful rubbing together of your thighs — the dreaded result of wearing summer dresses while walking to and from the hotel pool. These bands are comfortable, stay put, are available in solid and lace designs (#meow), and can even be worn during your morning run.
Promising review: “I took a trip to Paris and decided to buy these after being on the fence because I knew we’d be walking around the city a ton. I’ve struggled with red thighs when I walk long distances, and the various powders/lotions I’ve tried hadn’t been doing it for me. i bought these and WOW do they work! My thighs were comfy and secure, and I walked MILES in these. Ladies, if you experience painful thigh chafing then these are for you!” —Shelby Smith
Get them from Amazon for $16.95+ (available in six sizes and 17 colors).
15. Storage bags for your shoes, ones that keep smelly odors away from your fancy clothes *but* have clear windows — that way you can pull the pair you’re looking for without having to play the guessing game of “which pair of heels did I shove into this nondescript plastic bag?”
Promising review: “I’m mad I didn’t know about these sooner! I hate when my shoes touch anything in my suit case, so much so that I would put them in trash bags. I am a women’s size eight and my flip flops and sneakers fit into the light blue bag, my husband’s sneakers fit into the dark blue bag. (He is a size 11). The material is pretty sturdy. They should last you quite some time.” —Cat L.
Get a pack of 10 from Amazon for $10.99 (available in four colors).
16. A bodycon pencil dress that looks so. damn. chic. And while the importance of owning the perfect LBD is no secret, it’s likely you’ve had the same one for…decades (#guilty). This is the perfect thing to pack for a weekend away because, since it’s so versatile, you’ll be able to re-wear it more than once if you so choose — just change up the shoes and accessories.
Promising review: “I love this dress. Simple, classy, and professional. It molds to my body in all the right ways, and it wasn’t too long. It can be worn with a nice necklace to spruce it up, and flats and/or pumps. The material is also versatile enough so that it can be worn year round, all you need is a pair of stockings or tights, but the dress will work either way. I plan to order more colors.” —LadyLestat
Get it from Amazon for $22.99+ (available in sizes L–5X and in 10 colors).
17. A Farmacy skincare set dubbed the ~Farmers Market~ which is enough reason to add to cart alone. This contains TSA-friendly versions of the brand’s cult-favorite (and otherwise pricey) items: a sunflower and ginger root cleansing balm, a honey hydration mask, an oil-free gel moisturizer, and a cherry vitamin C serum. Spa nights at the hotel? Just got a whole lot more affordable.
A Baywatch-inspired high leg swimsuit perfect for those birthdays and beach parties we’ve long been anticipating. Why? Each ‘suit is equipped with a phrase, including several in the ~bride squad~ department.
19. A weatherproof Coleman tent you can pitch with ease when you decide to brave the great outdoors and finally go on that bucket list camping trip. Be sure to add in s’mores, spooky stories, and stargazing for the full effect.
Promising review: “Love this tent! We’re not big outdoors people, so I needed a tent that’s easy to set up and comfortably fits a queen size air mattress…this tent exceeded my expectations! The last time I set up a tent was in the ’80s (and the tent was from the ’60s)…this is a dream to set up. I put the tent together in our backyard by myself and inflated the air mattress within the tent. I also hung a little LED lantern from the center inside the tent. Enjoyed our night under the stars with one adult, one 9-year-old and a French bulldog. Breaking everything down was a breeze too!” —C. Sisbarro
Get it from Amazon for $55+ (available in four sizes and two colors).
20. A palm-sized leather travel case to keep all of your favorite jewelry in one convenient location as opposed to throwing it all into your carry-on and hoping for the best. This is designed with four necklace hooks, six holes for your earrings, a ring holder, and an additional pocket for whatever other bling you’d like to bring with you on vacay.
Psst, the inner lining of this case is made with an anti-tarnish microsuede and you can custom monogram the outside of the case with your initials — free of charge.
Promising review: “This is the best jewelry holder and travel case I’ve ever seen. The leather is smooth and good quality, and the design of the case makes it easy to store all my favourite pieces.” —Grace L.
Get it from Mejuri for $75 ($189 estimated retail, available in three colors).
21. A supportive underwire bodysuit capable of making the word ~swanky~ come immediately to mind. Essentially, you’ll be able to designate this as the top to wear on your “going out” night during your weekend getaway.
Promising review: “I purchased this bodysuit to wear to a concert and didn’t think I would ever wear it again, but I was PLEASANTLY shocked with how amazing it turned out. I have a larger bust but a smaller waist so I ordered a small, the fit was perfect. The straps adjust really well and everyone LOVED my outfit.” —Hope Perkins
Get it from Amazon for $18.88+ (available in sizes S–XL and in 11 colors).
22. An Eyeko waterproof mascara that makes ~waves~ because it really, truly, 100% delivers on its no-raccoon-eyes promise. So go ahead and surf some waves *or* get caught in an afternoon shower that the Weather app didn’t warn you about — black smudges gracing your under-eyes are officially a problem of the past.
Promising review: “I’ve tried a bunch of waterproof mascaras in the past, but it always inevitably gets into my contacts and burn my eyes — especially if I swim in salt water. After reading a ton of reviews, I decided to try this Eyeko mascara and now I’m a believer. I went on an 8+ hour boat tour in Mexico and even after I swam all day (diving off the boat multiple times), my mascara stayed in place. It didn’t crumble, smudge, burn, or affect my contacts at all. It did take a while to remove, but that’s a small price to pay for something that actually works!” —Carrie
Get it from Amazon for $24.
23. A bottle of La Roche-Posay Anthelios Broad Spectrum SPF 60 so you can bid adieu to greasy T-zones of sunscreens past with a matte finish that *stays* matte all. day. long. If you’ve got oily and acne-prone skin, rest assured this won’t aggravate breakouts (some reviewers swear it even lightens post-breakout scarring).
Promising review: “I have light olive-toned and oily, acne-prone combination skin; this sunscreen has helped alleviate excess oil especially on my forehead, control breakouts, and even lightened a little bit of my post-breakout hyperpigmentation. It keeps my glow up and oil shine down all day, and even performed well through a 4-mile roller skating session in direct sun. Impressive! Definitely worth the money, if you ask me.” —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
24. A bottle of Sun Bum Original SPF 50 that is absolutely lauded by folks with fair and sensitive complexions. It delivers on its promise of UVA/UVB protection (and is moisturizing thanks to a generous helping of vitamin E), plus the spray nozzle makes it perfect for those hard-to-reach areas cc: that inch above my back bikini strap.
Promising review: “I will tell you I am very fair and on medication that makes me sensitive to the sun’s rays. I read review after review till I found this product which came with such high reviews from my fellow Amazonians, so I purchased it. LOVE, LOVE AND LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I was in the sun for about three hours and every where I put this product it did its job. This is my go-to sunscreen from this day going forward. My 5-year-old granddaughter used this product as well, same results after three hours and tons of pool time in Orlando.” —April Morgano
Get it from Amazon for $15.
25. A seamless crop top and biker short set perfect for taking in the sites sans feeling uncomfortable. This leggings and sports bra combo provides light compression and looks casual chic à la the matchy-match design.
Promising review: “This set is everything! I’m obsessed with the material and how it fits. It looks just like the photos and the color is the same as well. Even my friends were wondering where I got it from, they were shocked to hear Amazon!” —Shannon Peffley
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in sizes S–L and in seven colors).
26. A sleek faux leather backpack perfect for weekend vacays thanks to organized inner pockets, a compartment for your laptop, and a back band that slips conveniently over suitcase handles. The dream = a functional accessory that looks chic while carrying your excessive Hudson News purchases.
27. A shower brush reviewers swear is *way* more efficient than the $1 mesh loofah you haven’t replaced in, oh, let’s not talk about how many years. This lathers beautifully, is easy to grip, provides gentle exfoliation, and is slim enough to fit into any overpacked duffel bag. No more using your bare hands to scrub on that hotel body wash.
Promising review: “I was initially hesitant on purchasing a silicone shower brush since I was so used to shower poufs. However, this beats the poufs hands down! Not only does it lather well, I also feel significantly cleaner. The finger holes on the back make using it even more simple, since it can get a little slippery. Unlike a pouf, it does not hold any hair or other ‘grossness’ from the shower, and it is super simple to clean. I love it. I’m never going back to poufs!” —Nikki
Get it from Amazon for $5.99 (available in 15 colors).
Allbirds wool sneakers truly worthy of the rave reviews they’ve received — they feel like a fluffy cloud from the moment you slip ’em on. They have a padded insole, a super lightweight sole, and the laces? They’re made from 100% recyclable material. TL;DR: These are more comfortable than running kicks and are perfect for all the walking tours you’re about to take.
29. A stick-on shade because the AC may be bumping but your arm still feels like its on fire due to that beaming sun. This takes care of that worry in a jiffy *plus* gets rid of the need for popping on your aviators during your next eight-hour road trip.
A cutout swimsuit that has adjustable straps *and* an adjustable tie-front, which means you can customize the fit around your cleavage area in a way that feels perfectly comfortable for tu. Your new favorite vacay look awaits.
A 100% wheat straw wide-brim hat because greasy vacation hair made worse by drying hotel shampoos = easily covered up by this chic accessory, which provides 50+ UPF protection and an adjustable string for a tailored fit.
Need A Shopping Buddy?
Get great products – from pros in the fine art of buying stuff online – delivered to your inbox!