Switch Online’s N64 library received an update earlier on adding the Nintendo classic Wave Race 64, and also bumping the application all the way up to Version 2.6.0.
Nintendo doesn’t release patch notes for these particular updates, but fortunately Nintendo dataminer OatmealDome is here once again to reveal everything going on behind-the-scenes. This month has quite a few things happening on the back end – with some adjustments to last month’s release, Pokemon Puzzle League:
[NSO – Nintendo 64] Version 2.6.0 is out.
– Wave Race 64 was added.
– The NTSC, German, and PAL French versions of Pokemon Puzzle League had their renderer settings adjusted (settings related to the color framebuffer removed).
– Sorting adjusted to put PAL versions after NTSC.
In addition to this, there were some changes for the N64 application in Japan. Noticeably some changes to Custom Robo V2 and also the Fanta advertisements in Wave Race 64 being replaced with an N64 logo.
Meanwhile, in Japan, there were some additional changes. Notably, it looks like the Fanta advertisements were removed in Wave Race 64.
Dataminer and Nintendo Life user LuigiBlood goes into a bit more detail:
N64 Switch Online 2.6.0:
– Pokémon Puzzle League has seen removed config and updated PCB and NRO (recompiled code). Probably a fix for something.
– Custom Robo V2 has updated PCB and NRO.
– Wave Race 64 Rumble Pak (Japan) has replaced Fanta advertisements with Nintendo 64 logo.
This latest update follows on from some changes in Version 2.4.0. You can learn more in our previous coverage.
What do you think of the latest batch of adjustments that come with Version 2.6.0? Noticed anything yourself? Have you tried out the Expansion Pack service yet? Leave a comment down below.