Overwatch 2’s Season 2 dropped on December 6, and following the release, Activision Blizzard made some further tweaks and balance changes to the hero roster.
Ramattra, the new Omnic Tank added in Season 2, has been buffed. His Nemesis form is more effective, with increased movement speed and armor bonus. His Omnic form’s Void barrier has a reduced cooldown time.
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
Now Playing: Overwatch 2 Video Review
Doomfist’s abilities have also been slightly adjusted. His Rocket Punch ability has been incrementally nerfed. Cooldown lasts one second longer, and takes more juice to power-up. In the December 6 update, the devs buffed him so players can use him more effectively as a brawler-slash-interrupter tank. That may have been too much, so his abilities have been dialed back down a notch in the December 15 update.
We took some time to assess Season 2 and made some quick changes to improve your experience!
🔥HOTFIXES COMIN’ IN HOT 🔥
🤖Ramattra & Orisa buffed
🎯Ana gets some upgrades
🦿Sojourn abilities re-tuned
Full patch notes 📝 https://t.co/w2506s55gz
— Overwatch (@PlayOverwatch) December 15, 2022
Other buffed characters include Ana and Orisa. Ana’s Biotic Rifle does more healing and damage, and the duration of Biotic Grenade effect is extended by one second. Orisa’s Terra Surge can now pierce through barriers, and Augmented Fusion Driver has also been tweaked. The nerfed characters include Sojourn, whose Disruptor Shot no longer slows enemies, Kiriko, and Tracer.
Check out the full patch notes for a detailed look on how the heroes’ abilities have been adjusted.
- Rocket Punch–Cooldown increased from 3 to 4 seconds
- Power Block–Minimum damage mitigated required to empower Rocket Punch increased from 80 to 100 damage
- ‘The Best Defense…’–Temporary health gained per target hit with abilities decreased from 40 to 35 health
- Terra Surge–Now pierces through barriers upon impact
- Augmented Fusion Driver–Damage falloff range increased from 15 to 25 meters
- Nemesis Form–Movement speed increased by 20%, armor bonus increased from 150 to 225
- Void Barrier (Omnic Form)–Cooldown reduced from 15 to 13 seconds
- Railgun–Primary fire spread increased by 28%
- Disruptor Shot–No longer slows enemy movement
- Power Slide–Cooldown increased from 6 to 7 seconds
- Pulse Pistols–Damage reduced from 6 to 5.5
- Biotic Rifle–Damage and Healing increased from 70 to 75
- Biotic Grenade–Effect duration increased from 3 to 4 seconds
- Protection Suzu–Invulnerability duration reduced from 1 to 0.85 seconds
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org