!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Sensex rallies 548 pts; Reliance, HDFC Bank spurt nearly 4 per cent
India’s recovery rate improves to 63.33 per cent
The actual case load of COVID-19 cases in the country is only 3,42,756, as on date. More than 6.35 lakhs (63.33%) of the total cases have recovered. India,being the second most populous country in the world with 1.35 billion people, has 727.4 cases per million: Ministry of Health
Election Commission of India to hold a meeting with political parties from Bihar via video-conferencing today
West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education declares Class 12 exam results
This year the merit list of Class 12 will not be announced.
Worldwide coronavirus cases cross 13.89 million, death toll at 589,567
Bharat Biotech starts human trial of its anti-COVID vaccine at PGI Rohtak: Minister Vij
The human trial of Bharat Biotech’s anti-COVID-19 vaccine Covaxin began at Rohtak’s Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences on Friday, Haryana Health Minister Anil Vij tweeted.
Kerala: Two more persons, Aboobacker and Abdul Hameed, have been arrested by the Customs department in the gold smuggling case. Both of them hail from Malappuram district
Uttarakhand to impose weekend-lockdown in the state
To curb the spread of Covid-19, it has been decided to impose lockdown on Saturdays and Sundays in the state. Guidelines for the same to be issued soon: Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat
WB guv pays tribute to soldier killed in Ladakh clash, hands over Rs 11-lakh cheque to family
West Bengal Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar on Friday visited Birbhum district to pay tributes to Army jawan Rajesh Orang, killed in the June 15 clash with Chinese troops in Eastern Ladakh, and said his supreme sacrifice has made his hometown a “land of brave heroes”.
Modi’s ‘indiscretions’ weakened India, left it vulnerable: Rahul on border standoff
Stepping up his attack on the government over the LAC standoff, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Friday issued a video message sharing his thoughts on why did China choose to be aggressive now and alleged that Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s “indiscretions” have weakened the country and left it vulnerable.
Nizamuddin Markaz case: Saket Court allows 34 Thailand nationals to walk free imposing fine of Rs 6,000 each
Saket Court allows 34 Thailand nationals to walk free on plea bargaining and imposing fine of Rs 6,000 each in connection with Nizamuddin Markaz case. The fine was deposited to PM CARES Fund on the directions of the court. 7 other Thailand nationals have gone for trial.
FIDC seeks dedicated fund for small, medium NBFCs
The Finance Industry Development Council (FIDC), a representative body of non-banking finance companies, has written to Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman for allocation of a dedicated fund to Nabard or Sidbi for on-lending to small and medium sized NBFCs that are facing liquidity challenges.
Andhra Pradesh reports 2,602 new cases
Top 10 gainers on NSE in afternoon session
Price as on 17 Jul, 2020 02:37 PM, Click on company names for their live prices.
Nepal ruling party’s meeting to decide PM Oli’s future postponed for fifth time until Sunday
- A crucial meeting of Nepal’s ruling communist party was postponed for the fifth time until Sunday to give more time to Prime Minister K P Sharma Oli and the rival faction led by former premier Pushpa Kamal Dahal ‘Prachanda’ to sort out their differences.
- The Standing Committee meeting of the Communist Party of Nepal (NCP) was scheduled for Friday but it was postponed until 3 pm on Sunday at the request of Oli and Prachanda.
No need for CBI probe in Sushant death case: Deshmukh
There was no need for a CBI probe into the death case of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput as the Mumbai police were capable of handling the matter, said Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh on Friday.
Rupee settles 16 paise higher at 75.02 (provisional) against US dollar
Bihar opposition parties to Election Commission of India
- Opposition parties including Congress, Rashtriya Janata Dal, Hindustani Awam Morcha, Rashtriya Lok Samta Party, and Loktantrik Janata Dal write to Chief Election Commissioner, ECI appealing to ensure ‘substantial public participation & level playing field in 2020 Bihar polls’.
- People expect the Commission to ensure and satisfy the people that the entire poll exercise does not become a super spreader event.
Rajasthan Speaker expected to take up at 5 pm Congress complaint seeking disqualification of Sachin Pilot, 18 other MLAs from assembly
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh arrives in Srinagar
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh arrives in Srinagar. He will review the situation at the borders and also visit forw… https://t.co/SRbws3Jk4J
— ANI (@ANI) 1594974808000
The death toll in Mumbai’s Bhanushali Building collapse rises to nine: National Disaster Response Force
CIL introduces exclusive auction for coal importers
- Coal India Ltd (CIL) on Friday said it has introduced a new category of spot e-auction for importers only and aimed at replacing 150 million tonne of the fuel sourced from abroad with domestic supply.
- The coal procured under the “special spot e-auction scheme 2020 for import substitution” will be for use within the country.
14 kgs of foreign origin smuggled gold seized on July 14
Officials of the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence in parallel operations in Delhi, Muzaffarpur, and Siliguri seized around 14 kgs of foreign origin smuggled gold on July 14 and arrested 6 people.
Pakistan offers third consular access to India for Kulbhushan Jadhav
A note verbale has been sent meeting India’s demand to not have a security personnel during the meeting says Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi: Pakistan Media
We are determined to protect every inch of our land.
– Defence Minister Rajnath Singh
Hearing on at Rajasthan High Court on the petition filed by Sachin Pilot at 18 Congress MLAs against disqualification notices issued to them by the Assembly Speaker.
Russia’s coronavirus death toll passes 12,000
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh interacts with troops at Lukung
Talks are underway to resolve the border dispute but to what extent it can be resolved I cannot guarantee. I can assure you, not one inch of our land can be taken by any power in the world. If solution can be found by talks, there is nothing better: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh
Newly elected members of Rajya Sabha to be administered oath on 22nd July
- For the first time, administration of oath will be done in chamber of the House during inter-session.
- Subscribing to oath or affirmation is usually done either during the session or in the chamber of the Chairman of Rajya Sabha, if the House is not in session.
PM to address the High-Level Segment of ECOSOC
At 8:30 this evening, I would be addressing the High-Level Segment of ECOSOC. Would be speaking on various issues i… https://t.co/7Ed9RPfRK4
— ANI (@ANI) 1594969635000
Puducherry reports 91 new cases and 3 deaths
- Tally – 1832
- Recoveries – 1014
- Toll – 25
Meeting of Standing Committee on External Affairs scheduled for today called off as the quorum was not complete: Sources
TN Labour Minister Nilofer Kafeel tests positive for coronavirus
She is the fourth minister in the state to get infected with Covid-19.
Monsoon session of MP Assembly has been cancelled
The Monsoon session of Madhya Pradesh Assembly, which was scheduled to begin from July 20, has been cancelled after… https://t.co/C5I26I1834
— ANI (@ANI) 1594968823000
Supreme Court adjourns for July 24 the hearing on 24 PILs over the ‘miseries & difficulties’ being faced by migrants labourers across the country following Covid induced lockdown
Instead of making false claims, UP govt must adopt transparent policies for COVID-19
– Priyanka Gandhi
Gail India issues swap tender to buy and sell LNG in 2022 – sources
- Gail (India) has issued a swap tender offering liquefied natural gas (LNG) cargoes for loading in the United States and seeking cargoes for delivery into India, in 2022, two industry sources said on Friday.
- It has offered to swap one cargo a month in 2022 in a tender that closes on July 27, they said.
- The cargoes it is offering will load from the Sabine Pass plant on a free-on-board (FOB) basis and the cargoes it is seeking will be delivered into India on a delivered ex-ship (DES) basis.
Kerala gold smuggling case
It is shocking that Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan was involved in gold smuggling, it is a threat to national security. Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan should take moral responsibility and resign: Ramesh Chennithala, Leader Of Opposition in Kerala.
Electrolux sees good demand in near term after June sales recovery
Europe’s biggest home appliance maker Electrolux said on Friday it expected robust demand in the near term as it reported an operating loss roughly in line with preliminary earnings published just last week.
Lockdown-hit casual workers of Air India move HC seeking work
At least 250 casual workers of Air India (AI) have approached the Bombay High Court seeking direction to the government-run airline to provide them work as the coronavirus-induced lockdown has rendered them jobless and deprived them of wages.
COVID-19: IndiGo introduces option to book two seats for single passenger
“The charges for the extra seat will be effectively up to 25% of the original booking cost. This offer is effective travel starting July 24, 2020,” the airline said in a statement.
At 273 million people, India records largest reduction in number of people living in poverty: UN
- About 273 million Indians moved out of multidimensional poverty between 2005-6 and 2015-16, according to a UN report, which noted that India has recorded the largest reduction in the number of people living in this category.
- The data, released by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI), shows that 65 out of 75 countries studied significantly reduced their multidimensional poverty levels between 2000 and 2019.
I am ready to face any investigation. The audio doesn’t have my voice: Union Minister, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
Death toll in building collapse in Mumbai’s Fort area rises to six as four more people succumb to injuries: Civic Authorities
Complete lockdown in 47 wards of Siliguri has been announced for 7 days, starting July 16
West Bengal: Streets wear a deserted look in Siliguri as the city observes complete lockdown in view of rising case… https://t.co/dkrGCDpDGc
— ANI (@ANI) 1594965376000
Twitter hack: Maharashtra Cyber asks social media sites to be alert
- In the backdrop of hacking of Twitter accounts of eminent US personalities, Maharashtra Cyber has asked the microblogging site and other social media platforms to take measures to ensure privacy and data security of users, an official has said.
- He said the cyber wing of the state has told Twitter that safety and security of accounts of prominent persons and other verified users was its responsibility.
Orient Electric enters hygiene products segment
- CK Birla Group firm Orient Electric on Friday said it has entered the hygiene products segment with the launch of UV Sanitech, sensing a business opportunity in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic.
- The company said UV Sanitech is a box-shaped sanitisation chamber and claims it uses ultraviolet (UV-C) light to kill viruses including coronavirus, bacteria and fungi from an object’s surface within minutes.
An earthquake of magnitude 4.8 struck 250 km East of Portblair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands at 10:31 am today: National Center for Seismology (NCS)
Odisha reported 718 cases yesterday
- Total number of cases- 16,110
- Active cases – 5,124
- Tests conducted till yesterday- 3,69,738
India, US collaborating closely during COVID-19 pandemic: Ambassador Sandhu
- India and the US are working together on combating the coronavirus and collaboration is underway for co-development of a COVID-19 vaccine and a partnership between the two countries in health, life sciences and technology sectors can bring benefits to the entire world, the Indian envoy here has said.
- During a virtual interaction with the eminent members of the Indian-American community from the Mid-Western parts of the US, India’s Ambassador to the US, Taranjit Singh Sandhu said, “During the pandemic, India and the United States have been collaborating closely. Our network of scientific institutions, in India and the United States, are in touch with each other, on a real-time basis.”
Unidentified terrorist killed (total 3) in the encounter at Kulgam
Three army jawans were injured during the exchange of fire and were evacuated to Army hospital. Killed terrorists a… https://t.co/GJp4n43Pps
— ANI (@ANI) 1594961646000
Rupee slips 7 paise to 75.25 against US dollar in early trade
1,30,72,718 samples tested for COVID-19 till 16th July, of these 3,33,228 samples were tested yesterday: ICMR
Sensex jumps over 200 points in early trade; Nifty tops 10,800
Twitter says about 130 accounts targeted in cyber attack
- Twitter Inc said late on Thursday that hackers targeted about 130 accounts during the cyber attack this week, in which profiles of many high-profile personalities were compromised.
- The company said that it was continuing to assess whether non-public data related to the hacked accounts was compromised.
Congress: The SOG will probe the conspiracy behind the attempts to destabilise the democratically elected government in Rajasthan through horse trading
BJP has breached trust of people. Audio clip reveals horse trading deal
– Randeep Surjewala
HCL Tech Q1 net profit up 31.7% at Rs 2,925 crore; Shiv Nadar steps down as Chairman
Congress holds press conference
- It names Union Minister Gajendra Shekhawat in the alleged horse-trading in Rajasthan. Also named Sachin Pilot’s involvement.
- Congress demands FIR against Minister Shekhawat
- Congress spokesperson Randeep Surjewala at press meet demands that Sachin Pilot speak out about the “horse-trading”.
- It has suspended MLAs Bhanwar Lal Sharma and Vishvendra Singh from primary membership of the party.
India will cross 20 lakh COVID-19 cases by August 10; govt must take concrete steps
– Rahul Gandhi