Sources close to Inter told news agency ANSA that ‘ as things stand, the Super League project is no longer considered to be of interest.’
The Nerazzurri had been one of three Italian clubs to sign on along with Juventus and Milan.
“As things stand, the Super League project is no longer considered to be of interest to Inter,” club sources told news agency ANSA.
This follows reports from The Athletic that Milan are also prepared to back out of the competition.
The project is already falling to pieces, as all six English clubs – Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham – formally pulled out on Tuesday evening.
Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid still seem to be committed, while Barcelona have a clause allowing them to pull out if the assembly of associates does not vote in its favour.