Prawns and mango are great pals, and a textbook pairing when it comes to flavour combinations. In Ayurvedic nutrition, mango has properties of sweet and sour, and its quotient of fibre makes it a wonderful laxative for those with a sluggish digestion. Mango can soothe inflamed tissues and has liver-cleansing capabilities due to its diuretic nature.
Lime & Mango Prawn Salad Recipe
By: Lee Holmes
The perfect fresh salad to pair with your Christmas lunch. Not only flavourful but excellent for your digestion after a large meal.
- 1 tsp ghee
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbs lime juice
- ¼ cup flaxseed oil
- 1 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 avocado, peeled & sliced
- 20 large cooked prawns, peeled & deveined
- 1 large or 2 small mangoes, peeled & grated or finely diced
- Large handful coriander sprigs
- Heat the ghee in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the spices and swirl to fry for 30 secs or until fragrant, then transfer to a small bowl to cool.
- Once the spice mixture has cooled, add the lime juice, flaxseed oil and onion, mix with a fork and season with salt.
- Arrange the avocado on plates, then top with the prawns and mango. Drizzle the spice mixture over the top, garnish with the coriander and serve.
Subscribe to a newsletter to receive latest post and updates
Lee Holmes is a nutritionist, yoga and meditation teacher, wholefoods chef, Lifestyle Food Channel’s Healthy Eating Expert, blogger and author of the best-selling books Supercharged Food: Eat Your Way to Health, Supercharged Food: Eat Yourself Beautiful, Eat Clean, Green and Vegetarian, Heal your Gut, Eat Right for Your Shape and Supercharged Food for Kids.
Lee’s food philosophy is all about S.O.L.E. food: sustainable, organic, local and ethical. Her main goal is to alter the perception that cooking fresh, wholesome, nutrient-rich meals is difficult, complicated and time-consuming. From posting recipes, her passion to share her autoimmune disease story and help others has snowballed and the blog has recently taken home the overall prize at the Bupa Health Influencer Awards as well as the best blog in the Healthy Eating category. She also runs a four-week online Heal Your Gut program.