Life’s too short not to savour the divine sensation that chocolate brings. And this sea salt, slivered almond and fresh raspberry chocolate recipe is treat — perfect for when you’re trying to impress. The addition of sea salt to home-made chocolate is a must to lift the point of sweet bliss to new heights.
Sea Salt, Fresh Raspberry & Slivered Almond Chocolate Recipe
By: Lee Holmes
A luxurious Christmas treat that is sure to impress everyone at the table.
- 60g coconut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup grated cacao butter
- 2 tbsp rice-malt syrup
- Generous pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter (optional)
- Handful raspberries, halved handful
- Handful slivered almonds, toasted
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt the coconut butter, coconut oil and cacao butter in a bowl sitting over (but not touching) a bowl of very hot water and whisk to combine.
- Add the cacao powder, rice malt syrup, salt, vanilla and peanut butter, if using, and whisk to combine.
- Pour into the prepared tray and scatter over the raspberries and almonds. Place in the freezer for at least 30 mins, or until solid.
- Remove from the freezer and break into shards or chop into squares. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Subscribe to a newsletter to receive latest post and updates
Lee Holmes is a nutritionist, yoga and meditation teacher, wholefoods chef, Lifestyle Food Channel’s Healthy Eating Expert, blogger and author of the best-selling books Supercharged Food: Eat Your Way to Health, Supercharged Food: Eat Yourself Beautiful, Eat Clean, Green and Vegetarian, Heal your Gut, Eat Right for Your Shape and Supercharged Food for Kids.
Lee’s food philosophy is all about S.O.L.E. food: sustainable, organic, local and ethical. Her main goal is to alter the perception that cooking fresh, wholesome, nutrient-rich meals is difficult, complicated and time-consuming. From posting recipes, her passion to share her autoimmune disease story and help others has snowballed and the blog has recently taken home the overall prize at the Bupa Health Influencer Awards as well as the best blog in the Healthy Eating category. She also runs a four-week online Heal Your Gut program.