Here the top entertainment news for July 23, 2020.
- DNA Web Team
- Jul 23, 2020, 08:48 PM IST
1. Happy birthday Suriya: From ‘Ghajini’ to ‘Singham’, five movies of actor which were remade in Hindi
Tamil actor Suriya turns 45-year-old with a legacy of films behind him. Not many would know but Aamir Khan, who is remembered for his role in ‘Ghajini’, or Ajay Devgn as ‘Singham’, were an adaptation of Suriya’s Tamil movies. Apart from ‘Singham’ and ‘Ghaini’, Suriya also has ‘Yuva’ and ‘Force’, which were remade in Hindi. The actor made a special appearance in ‘Rakht Charitra 2’ Hindi version, since the movie was shot in both Tamil as well as Hindi.
2. Director Rumi Jaffery called for interrogation over signing Sushant Singh Rajput, Rhea Chakraborty for film
Director Rumi Jaffrey has been called to Bandra Police Station for interrogation in actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case. He had recently revealed signing a movie that would feature Sushant with his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty in the lead role.
3. Bollywood’s link with ISI uncovered after pictures of Shah Rukh Khan, wife Gauri with anti-India people go viral
After BJP Vice President Baijayant Jai Panda claimed that a few Bollywood celebrities have verifiable links to Pakistani spy agency ISI and Pakistan Army on Wednesday, it is now being said that Shah Rukh Khan and his wife Gauri have a business relationship with Rehan Siddique and Tony Ashai, who are accused of making anti-India statements in Jammu and Kashmir.
4. Kangana Ranaut slams Javed Akhtar, Farhan, Zoya; Vivek Agnihotri calls them ‘Portrait of nepotism’
Amid the ongoing nepotism debate in Bollywood, filmmaker Vivek Agnihotri took to his Twitter account on Thursday and called Javed Akhtar, Zoya Akhtar, and Farhan Akhtar “portrait of nepotism”. Vivek was reacting to a video clip in which the Akhtar family can be seen making an appearance in a show to discuss nepotism in the entertainment industry.
5. BREAKING: Amitabh Bachchan calls reports of testing negative for coronavirus ‘incorrect, irresponsible, fake’
After reports floated of Amitabh Bachchan testing negative for COVID-19, the veteran actor denied the news on his Twitter account and called it ‘fake’.